Finance Assistant Africa Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:34 General Nairobi Reference: 2133
Role overview and responsibility:
The Finance Assistant will ensure performing efficiency across accounting services through documenting the project/grant financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, and preparing account entries.
The post holder will perform duties in accordance with the responsibilities outlined below:
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Navision financial accounting package.
- Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations.
- Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities and advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Prepare journals for posting and ensure that all journals are posted into Navision.
- Support the Finance Manager in the budget preparation including review of new project proposals for internal & external submission.
- Prepare, monitor, alert the program managers, facilitate, and manage the process of closing expiring grants within the ninety (90) days period as required in the grants closure period;
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the data in the Navision financial database including and not limited reviewing, analysis of various account and alert the supervisor of any irregularities.
- Support in the preparation of the monthly Budget v Actuals Reports (BvA) and Master Budgets respond to any queries from programs relating to the BvA reports;
- Preparation of finance indicators reports on monthly basis alert management on any exceptions and make recommendations as appropriate;
- Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules for partners and staff BERs (Business expenditure Reports) alert relevant staff of due payments/liquidations and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management;
- Evaluate and monitor LAW’s local partners financial management processes in accordance with partnership agreements and policies, monitor submission of and review monthly financial reports and provide timely feedback;
- Support and mentor LAW’s local partners in financial accounting and transactions, financial accounting policies and procedural compliance, and design and deliver capacity building programs to our partners in person and remotely;
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reports, as needed, and perform variance analyses to assist with decision-making and proper management of financial resources.
- Perform assigned treasury (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties if segregation of duties is ensured.
- Ensure payment of staffs’ salaries, suppliers’ invoices, consultants, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and other statutory payments are prepared on a timely basis.
- Support the human resources in reviewing monthly payroll before processing salaries.
- Petty Cash Management.
- Maintain and keep accurate and up to date hard copies and digital of financial support records.
- Ensure clear audit trail of processed transactions and their linkage to the accounting system. Support in implementation of any accounting and financial audit recommendations.
This role requires regular travel up to 30% to the field.
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- The legal right to work in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA 2/ACCA 2 or equivalent)
- Minimum two years’ experience working in similar position preferably with an international and/or local NGO or demonstrated work experience in a similar role within a national or complex finance department or team
- Good knowledge of the relevant main donor regulations preferred – NORAD, EU, Dutch Government, SIDA, Swiss Solidarity.
- Excellent relationship building skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Knowledge of Navision ERP financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion including gender equality.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 18 May. 2023