Finance and Administration Officer Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:07 General Lilongwe Reference: 1725
Beyond Our Hearts Foundation organization was established in 2014, its main thrust is securing rights of the poor and marginalized, good governance, sustainable livelihood development through promoting people’s participation at all levels of the state and society, accountability, capacity development and access to resources. According to the organization’s policy, special emphasis is given on women and children participation in building poor people’s capacity towards disaster risk reduction and climate resilience.
The organization is working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. BOHF helps all people who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, BOHF work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. We believes every child deserves a future in Malawi and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
“A society where children live happily in a safe, caring and stimulating environment that promotes the best of their potential towards a poverty free society.
BOH Foundation aims to uphold human dignity, equity and accountability through empowering and protecting vulnerable children and their communities so that these children can lead a bright future.”
With funding from Save the Children – Italy Beyond Our Hearts Foundation – Malawi is recruiting well qualified staff in its Localization project that will be implemented in Neno District; Traditional Authority Mlauli, Dambe, Symon and Chekucheku:
POSITION: Finance and Administration Officer (Neno District)
The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for helping BOHF manage project-related financial activities, will be coordinating with the Project Coordinator in processing invoices and other bill payments.
Working closely with the Project Coordinator and communicating the project account status in a timely manner. Besides, He/she should have an excellent eye for detail and the ability to track any financial discrepancies in the project accounts. He/she should be able to prepare tax reports and present necessary financial information during audits.
As a Project Coordinator, he/she should be familiar with different accounting software and have complete knowledge of accounting practices. A proven work experience in the accounting field will prove
Advantageous. Additionally, he/she should display fantastic team spirit and have the ability to manage stressful situations and multiple projects effortlessly.
- Generating, updating, and maintaining reports on income, expenditure, and financial transactions
- Creating and managing on-going project accounts.
- Keeping a record of project expenses, contracts, and other accounting data
- Reviewing and granting funds for various projects
- Understanding the project requirements and creating budgets and financial reports
- Analyzing and approving vendor invoices and contracts
- Overseeing the transfer of funds to various vendors and suppliers
- Overseeing the implementation of project terms
- Preparing tax reports and documentation of working capital
- Assisting in creating project-related documents and bills
- Closing completed project accounts
- Presenting project account details during audits
- Conducting project budget forecasting
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the financial sector
- The accountant provides bookkeeping support and contributes towards financial process efficiency and compliance of the set organizational policies and procedures.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Ensure that data is entered and posted into the accounting system in an accurate and timely manner; ensuring the availability of information needed in decision making and compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and standards:
- Support the Financial Assistant in the preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare audit schedules in preparation for the annual external audit and respond to internal and external audit queries during the audit exercises.
DISBURSEMENT OF PAYMENTS
- Contribute to an efficient payment system by ensuring that payments to staff, vendors, service providers and other stakeholders are made accurately, on time and with good customer service:
- Receive payment requests and verify the accompanying supporting documentation; proactively liaising with the payment requestor to assist them in following procedures.
- Prepare payment vouchers for disbursement of funds and ensure that the general ledger and sub ledgers are updated in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and process payroll and other allowances ensuring correct calculation of statutory deductions; ensure that beneficiaries receive pay slips and payment advice.
- Develop statutory schedules, file returns and ensure that taxes are paid on time and in line with existing policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
- Prepare end of period adjustments: accruals for provisions for unbilled monthly expenses and amortization of prepayments.
- Provide financial administrative support to the team for efficient day to day operations of the department:
- Assist the Project Coordinator in managing assets, ensuring that all BOHF assets are timely and accurately entered on the fixed asset register.
- Support the Project Coordinator in gathering supporting documentation that will be used to respond to queries raised by stakeholders.
- Ensure that routine banking operations are conducted in a timely and secure manner.
- Replenishment of petty cash.
FINANCE RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Manage the archive of financial records, ensuring that all documentation is secured confidentially and can be easily retrieved as required:
- Ensure that all transactions are captured accurately and timely into the financial accounting system.
- Manage the filing and retention of financial records, ensuring that all documents are filed according to BOHF records management policies and procedures.
- Ensure files are organized so that they are easily accessible, moving outdated files into the archive as well as assisting the retrieval of documents.
- As a custodian of financial records, ensure only authorized access, and informing the Project Coordinator in case of problems or concerns.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or its equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in the Accounting field as an Finance and Administration Officer.
- Complete knowledge of accounting software, laws, and regulations
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated individual.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter with three referees through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand at Beyond Our Hearts Offices (PO Box 111 Neno) Next to Chikonde TDC by Friday 19th May 2023 .
Please indicate the position you are applying for. For more information regarding the vacancies you may contact Mr Russell Msiska
The Executive Director on email@example.com
BOHF is an equal employer and all people are encouraged to apply and Our selection process includes rigorous background checks to ensure our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged, the successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and police clearance certificate is a must.