FILING ASSISTANT Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:40 General Lilongwe Reference: 2141
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 177 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position:
Title : Filing Assistant
Location : Lilongwe, Malawi
Reporting to : Senior Finance Officer
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Responsible for supporting operations at the Malawi Country Program Office, ensure compliance with EGPAF financial policies and procedures relating to filing system. Organize paperwork and digitalize all important documents, protect and update files and make them easily accessible as required.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Create, process and maintain filing records and update of records with new information.
- Review supporting documentation for various transactions, ensure completeness of supporting documentation prior to filing.
- Filing hard copies and electronic copies in accordance to EGPAF filing procedures
- Maintain filing room logs to easily track file location and perform regular quality checks on the filing system.
- Assist in filing of records for off-site storage, warehouse.
- Deal with all requests to access files, ensure track record for access is maintained
- Maintain confidentiality of data and information in accordance with EGPAF procedures
- Assist in the preparation and availing of documentation for compliance review and audits
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Diploma in Business Administration or its equivalent, obtained from a reputable institution
- Should possess relevant filing experience of not less than 2 years in a busy organization
- Very good knowledge of a computer, MS Office and use of other office equipment such as photocopier, scanner.
- Dependable, with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and great attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess high level of integrity, honesty, maturity, diligence, good attitude and commitment towards work
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com.
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest, enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage: https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing Date: May 19, 2023