Field Sales Manager Full-time JobJun 6th, 2022 at 15:54 Sales and Marketing Zanzibar 135 views Reference: 77
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d I'voire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Field Sales Manager, Reporting to the Country Sales Manager
Looking for a thoroughbred field sales marshall to drive the business from the ground up. You are close to the ground, and passionate about using data and technology to unlock the potential of local merchants. You are an innovative sales leader with a deep understanding of the power of technology in driving productivity within an organization. Beyond technical abilities, you know how to effectively motivate and train a highly productive sales team. We are seeking a go-getter, who is passionate about unlocking the potential of the informal economy through curated, data-driven customer engagement, and inspired by our mission to empower these local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa annually.
The Field Sales Manager is responsible for driving territory revenue growth and profit margins. The key primary responsibility for this role will be to execute and inform Wasoko’s customer growth strategy. The person in charge will also build and manage a Growth team and lead all customer-facing functions including but not limited to, acquisition, engagement/ retention, and growth.
- Execute Wasoko’s growth plan, and growth programs, and optimize our revenue funnel.
- Execute a robust, agile and effective Route to Market strategy to reach and serve all customers within their territory.
- Drive the execution and enhancement of the Wasoko Customer Experience;
- Maintain a deep understanding of market structure changes (eg. pricing, new entrants, new products, new technologies);
- Acquire new customers within the designated territory and ensure retention of existing customers;
- Ensure customer order and replenishment cycles are clearly defined, maintained and adhered to.
- Increase the Wasoko Customer App adoption and within the covered customers
- Increase and maintain product weight, range and availability in all stores within the coverage
- Supervise, Coach, Train and Motivate the Customer Growth and Retention teams for Performance in relation to the targets set and build a winning spirit within the team
- Gather and provide competitive information by regularly tracking competitor activities within the industry.
- Using market insights to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency
- Previous experience leading a direct selling team is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in sales and marketing, business development, customer service, or related field with a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Ability to lead diverse teams, and provide data-based reporting and quantitative intuition for interpreting user experience data
- Ability to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into numbers and solutions
- Have a customer-centric mindset
- Agile and result-driven
All qualified candidates should apply through the link below:
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Wasoko's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. Were looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.