EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR Full-time JobMay 12th, 2023 at 12:51 General Lilongwe Reference: 2679
Federation of Disability Organisations in Malawi (FEDOMA) was founded in 1999 as an umbrella of Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) in Malawi to provide a unified voice for all persons with disabilities. The Mission of the organisation is “to unify, coordinate and strengthen the efforts and advocacy
work of its affiliate members for the wellbeing of Persons with disabilities” “while the vision is “an inclusive barrier free society in which Persons with Disabilities maximise their potential.
A vacant post of Executive Director (ED) has arisen in the organisation. The Executive Director is a critical position responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization.
FEDOMA would therefore like to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the above mentioned post.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the FEDOMAs programs and services, ensuring that they are delivered effectively and efficiently, and meeting the needs of the community.
- Provide strategic guidance in the mobilisation of funds and other resources required for the effective implementation of FEDOMA programs and coordinate the preparation of the proposals for resource mobilisation to support strategic plan implementation
- Lead the formulation and execution of FEDOMA strategic plan, short- and medium-term development plans, Identify, negotiate and nurture strategic partnerships and linkages with other development partners to access additional resources for FEDOMA.
- Direct the effective and efficient management and operating structures and systems of the organisation
- Provide appropriate direction and guidance for program management and take other necessary measures to ensure that FEDOMA operations are result oriented and all management is self-driven.
- Oversee program review and evaluation to ensure that FEDOMA operations remain relevant and responsive to the client’s needs to the best possible manner within the available resources
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that govern the FEDOMA’s operations
- Foster strong and productive treatment among the management and establish a team work culture at all levels
- Maintain oversight of financial control, and appropriate and conscious utilisation of funds and other resources under FEDOMA in accordance with relevant policies, Procedures, regulation, and legislation or development partners guidelines and oversee all financial reporting and audits
- Provide strategic and policy guidance on FEDOMA advocacy programme and the partnerships between the organisation and other strategic bodies.
- In consultation with the secretariat senior management team, direct and guide the preparation of work plans, budgets, routine progress reports and ad hoc reports on FEDOMA activities.
- Provide regular monitoring and analyses of operations and make any necessary adjustments to ensure performance is accordance with work plans.
- Spearhead fund raising initiatives by making applications to traditional and non-traditional development partners locally and international level.
- Lead develop, strengthen support and monitor FEDOMA staff and volunteer to deliberate high quality programmes and cultivate commitment to the organisation strategy
- Ensure FEDOMA discharges her constitution, Legal and contractual obligations
- Liaise with and represent FEDOMA to relevant authorities and development partners on development of FEDOMA activities
- Spearhead and coordinate beneficiaries and FEDOMA’s team capacity building initiatives
- Be responsible for the recruitment and release of all personnel both paid staff and volunteers in order to maintain an efficient work force
- Represent the organization in the community, building relationships with other organizations and stakeholders, and advocating for the FEDOMAs mission and programs
- Proactively manage potential risks that could jeopardize realization of FEDOMAs vision and mission
B. LINE OF REPORTING
Reports to Executive council
C. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is a full-time job. It is an engagement on a specified Contractual term.
D. QUALIFICATIONS & EXEPERIENCE
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Social Science, Education or Development studies. Those with disability studies qualifications will have added advantage.
- 10 or more years’ experience in non-governmental organizations setup environment
- 5 years’ experience in senior management position. Those with experience in a disability organization will have an added advantage
Note: FEDOMA is an equal opportune employer and Females and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
If you are interested in applying for this post, please submit your cover letter and recent CV with three traceable referees to:
The Executive Council Chair Person
FEDOMA P.O Box 797 Blantyre;
or E-Mail: email@example.com
Deadline is 26th May 2023.