Engineering Director, Multi-cloud Orchestrator (Golang) Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 13:08 General Nairobi Reference: 2247
We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost effectively than any other company. If you’re interested in a career at Canonical, we are a remote-first company so please apply to any suitable role as skills are valued more than location, despite some having a preferred geographic preference.
About the job
- This is an opportunity to lead a globally distributed software engineering team that’s building a multi-cloud orchestration engine that’s driving software operations at scale around the world. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of 3 teams spread across the globe, and deliver high quality software written primarily in Go.
- As an engineering director at Canonical your primary responsibility is to the teams you support: ensuring that they are continually improving, doing valuable work, and having a great time at Canonical. As a leader of managers and contributors, astute technical leadership and management acumen is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your teams. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your teams to hone strategy and execution.
- You’ll be delivering a large open source Go project that powers complex, highly concurrent distributed software systems across the world, while growing and developing engineers at all levels. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record in delivery of quality software over time.
- Technical contribution through code is not expected in this role, but significant past experience with hands-on software development, particularly in Go, is desirable. You will be expected to lead and facilitate technical design and architecture work alongside your senior engineering staff.
- The role is fully remote, with global travel for 4-6 weeks per year to facilitate company events.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023