Driver Full-time JobMay 12th, 2023 at 12:04 General Lilongwe Reference: 2644
Driver’s Advert for Blantyre Office
St John Malawi is looking for a reliable and experienced Driver to join St John Malawi team at its National Office in Blantyre.
Driver responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions and carryout any other duties as delegated from time to time.
Ultimately, driver will help St John Malawi increase its customers’ satisfaction, making sure clients are reached.
To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations.
- Safely transport either materials or staff/ passengers from one location to another within a prescribed destinations
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Pick up staff from the place and at the time they’ve been requested
- Keep mileage records (Log Book) and repair records up to date
- Assist staff with loading and unloading their luggage
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Guide and Answer visitors’ about the area and local places of interest
- Schedule regular car/vehicle service appointments and report any issues
- Clean and maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the vehicle/car
- Carryout any other duties as delegated from time to time
Requirements and skills
- Proven minimum of 2 years’ experience and aged from 25 years and above
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Knowledge of areas and Roads Regulations in Malawi
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and old hours work
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
How to Apply:
Application deadline: 12:00 noon on 16th May 2023, Tuesday.
The application should be sent as follows:
• Email subject line : Driver Recruitment
• Attach the following:
A covering letter up to one page long, outlining your relevant experience
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org