District Environmental Officer Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:14 General Lilongwe Reference: 1734
The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancies existing at Neno District Council.
JOB TITLE : DISTRICT ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER.
- Promote environmental awareness in the district on the protection and management of the environment and natural resources
- Conduct environmental assessments and prepare environmental reports
- Monitor compliance to environmental legislation
- Provide technical advice to stakeholders on environment and natural resources management
- Promote integration of environmental management in district development plans
- Facilitate the production of the district state of environment and outlook report and the district environmental action plan
- Coordinate planning and implementation of environmental activities in the district
- Any other duties assigned by the director from time to time
Applicants must be in possession of a Degree in Environmental Management obtained from a recognized Institution.
Application package must include application letter, copies of Certificates, Curriculum Vitae and three traceable referees.
These should be sent to;
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P.O. Box 766
Applications should reach not later than Friday 26th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.