Director of Finance Full-time JobMay 11th, 2023 at 10:58 General Lilongwe Reference: 2379
ADMARC Limited Company was established as Statutory Corporation in 1971 under Chapter 67.03 of the Laws of Malawi. The Act was repealed in 2003. Following that, ADMARC was incorporated as a Limited Liability Company, under the Companies Act 2013. The repeal saw ADMARC Limited becoming a non-subverted Statutory Corporation, but with Government being a major shareholder with up to 99% shares.
The Board of Directors of ADMARC Ltd resolved to overhaul ADMARC Ltd by Corporate restructuring. The Board approved new structures for ADMARC Ltd and all employees were retrenched.
ADMARC Limited, a Statutory Corporation in Agricultural Marketing is looking for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following executive position:
Director of Finance Grade AL2 based at Head Office, Limbe reporting to Chief Executive Officer.
Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic leadership, direction and guidance on prudent use and management of all financial and material resources to enable the company achieve its goals in the most efficient and effective manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership for the formulation of financial accounting strategies in order to ensure that financial services contribute effectively and efficiently to the goals of the company
- Advising the Chief Executive Officer and top management team on financial matters and establishing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and professional standards
- Facilitating the preparation of financial statements and production of cost, management, revenue and expenditure accounts
- Coordinating the preparation/consolidation of annual budgets and monitoring and controlling expenditure patterns of AL
- Coordinating the production of Monthly/Quarterly Operational Reports and Financial Statements for the information of the Chief Executive and the Board
- Advising Chief Executive Officer and the Board on sourcing of external and internal financing and ensuring compliance with financing terms and conditions
- Interpreting and advising on company financial policy, systems, regulations and procedures
- Ensuring that appropriate and adequate internal controls are in place and operational
- Establishing reviews and maintaining sound financial management systems, rules, policies, regulations and procurement matters
- Monitoring cash and bank balances, and short-term and long-term investments
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure to ensure adherence to budget policies, systems and procedures and advising management and stakeholders on financial matters
- Identifying capacity development needs of subordinates in the Department
Qualifications and Experience
- Full professional qualification such as: ACCA, CPA, CIMA, or ACA;
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any related field from a recognized institution;
- Fully registered member with Institute of Chartered Accountants of Malawi (ICAM); and
- At least seven (7) years relevant post qualification experience at senior management level in a reputable organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of financial management
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Access).
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of accounting packages
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team with leadership skills for coaching and developing employees.
- Mature and good communicator with adequate negotiating skills
Method Of Application
Interested people should submit their applications, up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including names and addresses of three traceable referees, certified copies of certificates and a copy of National ID to the address below not later than 19th May 2023:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
Department of Statutory Corporations
P. O. Box 30061
Those who applied before are encouraged to re-apply
ADMARC Limited is an equal opportunity Employer.