Deputy Director, Human Resource Management Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 16:50 General Nairobi Reference: 1908
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
- Providing leadership in development and implementation of human resource management and development strategy, policies and procedures;
- Roll out of organization culture change programes
- Analyzing staffing levels for effective succession planning;
- Overseeing human resource planning;
- Providing secretariat to the Human Resource Management Advisory Committee;
- Developing, recommending and ensuring effective implementation of staff compensation and rewards systems;
- Ensuring implementation of health and safety programs;
- Promoting development of staff welfare programs;
- Custodian of staff records;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of an effective staff performance management system
- Ensuring development and implementation of the Training and Development Plan;
- Coordinating initiatives aimed at achieving strategic objectives of the organization; and
- Preparing and implementing the Departmental work plan and budget.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience four (4) of which should have been in management position;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development,
- Human Resource Planning, Education, Public\Business Administration, Commerce (HR Option), Government or any other relevant qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Masters in Human Resource Management Industrial Relations, Education, Business
- Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Human Resource Management, Personnel
- Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations, Labour Relations or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from recognized institution.
- Registration with the Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Valid Practicing License;
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Team player
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 May. 2023