DEPUTY DIRECTOR Full-time JobMay 8th, 2023 at 12:44 General Gaborone Reference: 1564
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 2 OF 2023
VACANCY: Deputy Director : Research & Partnership Coordination
Applications are invited from highly motivated and well-experienced self-driven citizens of Botswana for the position of Deputy Director – Research & Partnership Coordination under the Ministry of Minerals and Energy.
Salary Scale: E2 (P427.860 – P445, 176 per annum)
Leave: 30 working days per annum.
WE ARE STILL MAKING CVs FOR P100. COVER LETTERS FOR P50
Pay with FNB EWallet to 76981238 or Orange Money on number 76981238
Whatsapp us on +26776981238
1. Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and the employee pays 50%).
2. 24 – 36 Month contract with 30% gratuity of the total gross emoluments earned during the contract of employment
Degree in Social Sciences majoring in Economics/Statistics/ Population Studies/ Demography/Political Science/Policy Studies or Business Administration/Commerce.
A postgraduate qualification in Research/Policy Studies/ Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
A minimum of 14 years relevant experience In research working business environment with two (2) years having been served at a D1 salary scale in Government or served at operations management level within the Policy Planning and Research working environment.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To manage research initiatives and ensure that there is an accelerated translation of the research outputs into policies, projects, programs and strategies that will create an enabling environment for the development of the energy and mineral sectors. To also monitor partnership activities to ensure the existence of strong, sustainable partners-led efforts by all Sectors to achieve high-quality programs.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Collaborates with sectors to identify and solicit research partners.
2. Coordinates dissemination of research results, publications, and commentary on the impact of Botswana’s Economic Policies and Strategies in the Mines and Mineral sectors.
3. Coordinates disbursement of action matters on matters of Research and Partnership to the relevant sectors, solicits action, and consolidates further action for Management.
4. Evaluates research proposals for relevance and conformity to the Ministry’s business and national priorities.
5. Assess research reports and renders advice on their implications or Impact towards achieving the national priorities.
6. Reviews the prevailing research and development situation in the energy and minerals sectors to assess the returns expected to be generated.
7. Assesses Department’s systems In order to source relevant Information to enable the provision of accurate advice on the identified area of research.
8. Receives and compiles existing Partnership agreements, solicits Internal feedback, and ensures feedback Is sent to Partners In a timely manner.
9. Carries in-depth analysis of general areas of research and partnership to enable the provision of sound advice for informed decision-making.
10. Draft research and partnership documents as may be required for management’s consideration and action.
11. Establishes structures and processes to ensure that there are effective operational linkages that will ensure that the Ministry’s Departments and State Owned Entitles address research and partnership matters in a synergized manner.
12. Contributes to framework analysis and review thereby also collating and summarising information for the provision of expert advice to Management.
13. Contributes to the development of strategies for effective research and partnership efforts and provides expert guidance in the translation of the strategies to actions to achieve the desired impact.
14. Conducts periodic exercises to evaluate the impact of research and partnership performance areas across the energy and mineral sectors.
15. Establishes systems to ensure accurate maintenance of data, information, and records on matters of discussions, decisions on research, and partnership matters.
16. Initiates and implements strategies to ensure the exercise of financial prudency in the utilization of funding efforts within the purview of research and partnerships.
17. Undertakes any other related duties as required to meet the exigencies of the service.
Deciding and Initiating Action
Analytical Thinking and Visioning
Building and Managing Relationships
Planning and Execution
Creativity and Innovation
Quality Service Delivery
Applicants should quote the Vacancy Circular and the reference number of this advertisement and provide the following details:
a) (I) Full names, addresses, and places of birth.
(ii) A certified copy of a valid National Identity Card.
(iii) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
(iv) Certified copies of academic qualification certificates together with their transcripts (both academic and professional)
(v) At least two (2) traceable references confirming the required experience (not more than twelve (12) months) old.
b) Applicants should Indicate:
(i) Date of first appointment.
(ii) Present post, date of appointment thereto, and salary scale.
(iii) Candidates from Parastatal and Private Sector Organizations SHOULD provide a statement of salary- or pay.
(iv) Contact number (s).
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
All applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through their respective Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications NOT so routed will not be considered. NOTE: All applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements stipulated above will not be responded to. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be addressed to: Permanent Secretary Ministry of Minerals and Energy Private Bag 0018 Gaborone OR hand delivered to: Ministry of Minerals and Energy Fairgrounds Office Park First Floor Records Management Unit Office No. F04 CLOSING DATE: 12th May, 2023 For further information, required contact Human Resource Management Unit at 3656693/3656686/3656695.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana