Data Engineer Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:26 General Nairobi Reference: 2119
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world.BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves.Since 2013, BURN has sold 200,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas â„¢ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $39 million in fuel expenditures and 626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and deploy an end-to-end data pipeline system that centralizes and processes large volumes of structured and unstructured data from various sources.
- Develop user-friendly interfaces that enable users to easily pull up relevant information for a product and customer.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data analysts, and other stakeholders to understand data requirements and design data solutions that meet their needs.
- Design and implement efficient data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes to populate the pipeline with data from various sources.
- Build and maintain robust data pipelines that ensure data is accurate, up-to-date, and easily accessible.
- Develop and maintain data models, data schemas, and data dictionaries.
- Use APIs, batch exports, and SQL queries to extract data from various sources and integrate it into a SQL database.
- Perform data cleaning, data transformation, and data integration tasks to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Collaborate with data analysts, data scientists, and other stakeholders to ensure data is processed and analyzed effectively.
- Monitor and optimize data pipelines to ensure they are performing efficiently.
Success for the role will be measured by delivering within the first few months of the following,
- Successful deployment of the end-to-end data pipeline system, including system implementation, ETL processes, and data handling capabilities within the first few months.
- Data accessibility and usability, are measured by ease of use of user-friendly interfaces and speed of accessing relevant information.
- Data quality and consistency, are monitored through data accuracy, completeness, consistency, and integrity.
- Collaboration and stakeholder satisfaction, are measured by feedback from stakeholders on the effectiveness of data solutions and maintaining positive working relationships.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and deploying end-to-end data pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, ETL tools, and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience working with APIs, batch exports, and SQL queries to extract data from various sources.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, open-source data systems like KOBO, and Call Center platforms would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023