Country Director Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:55 General Nairobi Reference: 2156
Echo Network Africa (ENA) formerly Kenya Women Holding (KWH) is a woman led, women serving development institution that works with other like minded stakeholders to empower, position and advocate for women with specific focus on young women, women with disabilities and women from marginalized communities. ENA is a membership organization whose focus is to be a catalyst for development that propels the women empowerment agenda. This is achieved by collaborating with governments (national and county) and community-based organizations, hence creating alliances to innovate and grow viable initiatives that enable women to advance their security and prosperity. ENA’s programs are anchored on four major pillars, namely: Women Empowerment (Enhancing women’s livelihoods, health and inclusion in the Aquaculture Value Chain), Positioning (Empowering Women in Political & Democratic Spaces), Tuvuke and Gender Mainstreaming (Tuvuke deals with Women in peace building and national cohesion while Gender Mainstreaming aims at incorporating the gender aspect in ENA’s initiatives) and Girls Excel Initiative ( From FGM, Period Poverty, Teenage pregnancies and Early Marriage to excelling in STEM)
- The CD is a senior ENA representative and as such is responsible for problem solving at a variety of levels. The CD will be expected to closely liaise with the Head of Financial Resource Management in authorizing and signing for any Country Office expenditure.
- The CD will be in a position where she/he will be expected to make important decisions under general
- policies and procedures which may have broad impact on the normal operations of the organization.
- Independent action is required, although prudence dictates that such intended actions should be checked with other members of the organization to consistently enhance cohesion in the institution.
- The CD will represent and manage in country relations with relevant government ministries, media as well as local and international organizations. He/she will represent ENA in high profile conferences, workshops and other relevant forums to build organizational profile and ensure profiling of women’s issues in the country and within the region.
- The CD is the face of the institution and is responsible for representing ENA in the media. At all times the communication policy of ENA must be strictly adhered to.
- Masters degree in Development Studies, Strategic Management, Transformational Change, Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- PhD in Strategic Management or Social Development is an added advantage
- Strategic Leadership, political savvy.
- Relevant professional qualification to their particular profession eg if the CEO is an Accountant by profession, s/he should be a qualified CPA-K or ACCA and be in good standing.
- 15 years’ experience running social and financial initiatives in development institutions as a senior manager
- At least 7-10 years’ experience in managing a country office in a national, regional or international organization is an added advantage
- Proven skills in fundraising
- Demonstrable experience in strategic planning, programme development and management of complex, multi-stakeholder interventions
- Demonstrable experience in establishing networks with governments, private and public sector entities as well as development agencies. Be a member of international bodies
- Commitment and ability to foster and support capacity building in own staff and of national partners, including experience of managing teams across different sites
- Fluent written and spoken English and the ability to write clear reports for a wide range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, communicate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations at all levels with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Numeracy and ability to prepare and monitor budgets and accounts
- Ability to undertake necessary travel in country
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023
Echo Network Africa