Community Liaison Officer Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 14:11 General Nairobi Reference: 1729
Lake Turkana Wind Power (LTWP) is a leading owner/ operator of one of the largest and most prestigious power generating projects in Africa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Systematically plan, organize, carry out and document stakeholder engagement activities (including, but not limited to, meetings, Open Days, WoC handover events, workshops, site visits by stakeholders, WoC Needs Assessments, etc.);
- Ensure that communities residing around the project sites are kept abreast of the project developments and that communication channels remain open with the communities (without making confidential information public);
- Ensure that his workplans are systematically developed and delivered upon;
- Support members of the CL Team to ensure that they are capable of effectively fulfilling their roles and responsibilities;
- Receive and support to resolve and document community grievances directed towards the Company;
- Timely production and maintenance of key CL Team documentation, including, but not limited to, Minutes of Meetings, Weekly Workplan and Report, photographs and video footage; and,
- Positively represent LTWP and WOC when engaging with internal and external stakeholders
The above duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time and include any other responsibilities that arise during the company’s day-to-day business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Community Development, Counselling, or any other related field;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in use of Computer, reporting and record keeping.
- Literate and ability to fluently speak write in Kiswahili and one of the local languages and speak conversational English.
- Must be based in the area of operation i.e. in either Korr or Loiyangalani, and,
- Fluency in Turkana and Rendille for CLO in Loiyangalani.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, government officials as well as the local communities and their representatives.
- Should be literate; Computer literacy is a big advantage.
- Self-motivated, versatile, and adaptable to different cultures and people.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules.
- Strong community liaison, mobilization and negotiation skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate activities and projects; and, Proactive
A person of high integrity that will model LTWP core values:
- Collaborative Accessible
- Safety consciousness
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 18 May. 2023