Community Engagement Lead Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 15:34 General Nairobi Reference: 1816
Swahilipot Hub Foundation is a non-profit organization that seeks to nurture youth talents in technology and creatives/arts. Since our founding in 2016, we have been committed to enabling youths to unleash their full potential through the various youth-led programs as well providing a conducive community space that youth’s use for co-working, meeting, networking, and learning. Our work is driven by our mission of enabling the communities to develop themselves. SPH was founded in 2016 by Mahmoud Noor with partners including National Museums of Kenya, Seacom, CISCO, and ICT Authority.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement community engagement strategies that align with the NGO’s mission and vision.
- Work closely with community members and partner organizations to identify community needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Organize and facilitate community meetings, workshops, and other events to promote dialogue, information sharing, and feedback.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local organizations and stakeholders to enhance community engagement and collaboration.
- Coordinate and lead community mobilization efforts to support program implementation.
- Promote community ownership of programs through capacity building and awareness-raising activities.
- Ensure that community engagement activities are conducted in a culturally sensitive and respectful manner.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of community engagement strategies and adjust them as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors, government agencies, and other stakeholders to promote community engagement and program sustainability.
- Produce regular reports on community engagement activities and program outcomes
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, community development, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in community engagement, community development, or a related field.
- Experience working with local communities, NGOs, and government agencies in Kenya.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of the cultural, social, and economic context of Kenya.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to convert data into high level presentations
- To be able to demonstrate in depth understanding of the private sector, potential job types and roles available for the opportunity youth in the Mombasa ecosystem.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with our community, specifically youth at the base of the pyramid.
- Grant writing, administration, and reporting skills strongly desired
- Data analysis capabilities.
- Strong project management background.
- Demonstrated expertise with technology platforms.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 May. 2023
Swahilipot Hub Foundation