Community Engagement Associate Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 15:38 General Nairobi Reference: 1820
Swahilipot Hub Foundation is a non-profit organization that seeks to nurture youth talents in technology and creatives/arts. Since our founding in 2016, we have been committed to enabling youths to unleash their full potential through the various youth-led programs as well providing a conducive community space that youth’s use for co-working, meeting, networking, and learning. Our work is driven by our mission of enabling the communities to develop themselves. SPH was founded in 2016 by Mahmoud Noor with partners including National Museums of Kenya, Seacom, CISCO, and ICT Authority.
- Assist the Community engagement lead to develop and implement community engagement strategies that align with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Assist the lead to Identify and build relationships with key stakeholders, including community leaders, NGOs, and government officials.
- Assist the lead to cnduct community needs assessments and identify opportunities for engagement and collaboration.
- Assist lead in developing and manage community events, workshops, and training sessions that promote community involvement and empowerment.
- Assist the lead to facilitate communication between the organization and the community through regular meetings, newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Assist the lead to monitor and evaluate the impact of community engagement initiatives and provide regular reports to the management team.
- Assist the lead to develop and maintain a database of community contacts, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, community development, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in community engagement, community development, or a related field.
- Experience working with local communities, NGOs, and government agencies in Kenya.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of the cultural, social, and economic context of Kenya.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to convert data into high level presentations
- To be able to demonstrate in depth understanding of the private sector, potential job types and roles available for the opportunity youth in the Mombasa ecosystem.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with our community, specifically youth at the base of the pyramid.
- Grant writing, administration, and reporting skills strongly desired
- Data analysis capabilities.
- Strong project management background.
- Demonstrated expertise with technology platforms.
- High professional and personal integrity;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and implementing agencies;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team;
- Organizational skills and the ability to concurrently handle multiple assignments.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 May. 2023