Chief of Staff Full-time JobMay 9th, 2023 at 13:26 General Nairobi Reference: 1678
About the Opportunity
- The Inkomoko CEO is a big-idea, visionary who is highly communicative and enjoys working collaboratively. This is your chance to lead a dynamic, fast paced office of the CEO by providing project, people, and executive management support on a variety of high-impact projects. The Chief of Staff works closely with the CEO, to facilitate her deliverables, including direct leadership with the team in fundraising, strategy, Board management, comms, and government relations.
Specifically the positions responsibilities include:
- Office of the CEO people management: Manage the CEO’s direct reports to meet their deliverables in a more effective and innovative manner; serve as the air-traffic controller between the CEO and her direct reports and understand what is expected of them to deliver their outputs in a timely manner. Ideally, a successful candidate feels confident leading the Office of the CEO team to hit their targets, allowing the CEO to focus on mentorship, coaching, and leadership development of her office.
- Serve as a liaison and provide support to the Office of CEO: Arrange and handle all logistics, meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and external stakeholders; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists.
- Work with the senior leadership team in coordinating the CEO’s outreach activities and supporting the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
For this role, the successful candidate will be an absolute rock star with respect to:
- Communication & feedback: Be highly communicative, proactive in communication, and an excellent writer. An advocate of “Radical Candor” approach to care personally and challenge directly in communication style.
- Project management: Able to develop logical and detailed plans, budgets, and manage people and processes to reach outcomes.
- Efficient Multitasker: This office runs a lot of simultaneous initiatives, so the candidate must be able to toggle between various projects seamlessly. I work fast, and need someone who can keep up with my energy, hours, and turn-around time with good judgment.
- Technically skilled: Strong computer skills, and flows smoothly through both Google suite and database tools i.e Odoo .
- Impeccable integrity: Honesty, straight shooter, advocate for equality for vulnerable people, Zero tolerance for gross misconduct.
- Have 7+ years of experience in a leadership role managing 5+ people in senior-level positions with additional experience of directly reporting to a fast-paced executive-level leader.
- Enjoys highly collaborative work and can quickly pivot priorities based on the needs of the CEO
- Must love working in East Africa and be willing to travel throughout the region.
- Experience in a high-growth, mission-driven start-up is preferred.
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21 May. 2023