The Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians for the following vacancies existing at Neno District Council.
JOB TITLE: CHIEF AGRICULTURE ENVIRONMENTAL & NATURAL RESOURCES OFFICER
GRADE : F/M4
- Interpret agricultural policies and formulate strategies for their implementation;
- Coordinate technology transfer process;
- Prepare annual work plan budgets;
- Plan, organize and monitor implementation of agricultural training programs at the Council;
- Develop strategies for strengthening Research/Extension/Farmer linkages at the Council;
- Review Agricultural Policies, Systems and
- Review staff requirements and advise on staff recruitment and rational deployment;
- Initiate staff and farmer training needs assessment for the formulation of appropriate extension training
- Promote collaboration with other departments and other organizations involved in agricultural programs at
- Initiate and coordinate the development or relevant technical messages for use by agricultural extension staff;
- Submit technical reports.
Applicants must be Serving Principal Agricultural, Environmental & Natural Resources Officer (Grade G/M5) with a minimum of four years’ experience
The post holder should demonstrate sound knowledge of Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources Management policies and systems. The incumbent should be able to ensure close collaboration with other stakeholders and farmers.
Applicants must be in possession of a Diploma in Animal Health & Production from a recognized institution.
Application package must include application letter, copies of Certificates, Curriculum Vitae and three traceable referees.
These should be sent to;
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P.O. Box 766
Applications should reach not later than Friday 26th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.