The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is a professional body for certified public accountants (CPAs) in Kenya. ICPAK is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants and the Pan African Federation of Accounting.
JOB REF: ICPAK/06/2023
- Development of the CPD Curriculum Development of the CPD Calendar in a wide and consultative manner involving:
- Research into the current trends and emerging issues in the accountancy profession globally and identifying areas for training.
- Review of the local Kenyan context on matter be the legal, regulatory or industry trends that impact on the profession for inclusion in the CPD Calendar
- Coordinating and synthesizing views from previous CPD calendar including review of members feedback, suggestions for areas of interest and inclusion of the same in the CPD Calendar.
- Coordinating input from technical departments in the areas of compliance, Policies, Standards, practice review, disciplinary into the curriculum development process.
- Oversee the CPD calendar development including sensitivity to unique branch and regional needs as well as overall harmonization to ensure effective use of resources and consistent quality of CPD events in the country.
- Coordinate the review of the CPD calendar and support to the Director Standards and Technical Services in approval of the CPD calendar for implementation.
Delivery of CPD Programs for the benefit of members.
The tasks and responsibilities involved include:
- Detailed development and review of training materials for use in the CPD events.
- Selection of facilitators with requisite skills and experiences to deliver trainings
- Assist in marketing of the CPD events to attract attendance as per set targets.
- Coordination of the other Institute functions and departments such as finance, and marketing in delivering on their direct roles in CPD events
- Coordinate the procurement of logistical and other arrangements needed to support facilitators and participants to have a pleasant experience in the training.
- Support content development on IFRS, Taxation and Auditing related events through reading and research to identify training, interpretation and application gaps
- Development and sending of website event information pack.
- Development of event programs
- Development of evaluation forms and speakers contracts
- Identifying, contacting and initiate the contracting process for facilitators for CPD events.
- Collection of training materials from facilitators
- Dispatching of training material to delegates.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Professional qualifications: CPA or ACCA or Accounting qualifications recognized internationally.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing.
- 8 years of experience in Capacity Building Plans for Finance, Auditing, Accounting standards or related areas and exposure in their implementation
- At least 5 years management experience in leading and managing teams preferably on Content Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Budgeting, Compliance and Standards (Accounting and Auditing), Control and Reporting within a diverse, division-based entity.
- Experience in content development for trainings and development discourses
- Experience in paid-for trainings and consultancies
- Experience in networking and working with consultants
Method of Application
Submit your CV, scanned copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Application letter indicating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 17 May. 2023