Biomedical Technical Officer Full-time JobAug 15th, 2022 at 18:15 Medical & Healthcare Lindi 88 views Reference: 202
1. Supervise EpiC Project's biomedical prevention portfolio, collaborating with the RHMT/CHMTs, Implementing partners and other key stakeholders
2. As Biomedical Officer support the Program Manager in establishing and working closely with RHMT/CHMTs and other government and non-governmental partners to advance HIV biomedical prevention for KVP in the Regions
3. Mentor and supervise Healthcare providers, community counselors, R/CHMTs to address their attitudes and beliefs towards KVPs, as well as improve the capacity of providers and R/CHMTs to deliver core and expanded packages of KVP services
4. Supervise the implementation of various biomedical interventions including HIV Self-Testing, PrEP provision and community-based HIV Testing and Counseling
5. Ensure the implementation of EpiC project is aligned with national policies, standards and guidelines on KVP HIV programming
6. Supervise the operationalization of the National Guidelines for Comprehensive Package of HIV Interventions for KVPs
7. Provide Mentorship and support supervision as necessary for activities in Region
8. Work with Strategic Information team to ensure quality and verified data for the comprehensive biomedical package offered by EpiC Project in the Region
9. Promote and support the documentation of project best practices, success stories and lessons learned among
10.With support from the Project Manager, RMO & DMO’s office, to ensure the availability of government biomedical providers and none government registered providers for the provision of biomedical services at the community level.
11.Assist in organizing training/orientation to biomedical providers to be engaged USAID EpiC project activities and maintain the list of Service Providers working with the project.
12.Liaise with DACC, MMO, RMO and DMO’s office to obtain commodities, supplies and government M&E Tools for Biomedical services.
13.Supervise biomedical providers and ensure monthly planned activities are implemented and all Service Providers are reaching the targeted beneficiaries on time and with fidelity.
14.Provide technical support and mentorship to biomedical team to ensure set standards are met as per the government guidelines and project SOPs.
15.Ensure the follow up of index testing is properly administered and linkages are made.
16.Daily follow up on cases Linkage management of the tracked beneficiaries that received an outcome, Reconcile and compile data into the councils tracking register and the Index registers and maintain it on weekly basis
17.Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the council level to develop a sound Bi- directional referral network.
18.Ensure all service providers properly fill all required National and Project M&E tools and timely submission of service reports appropriately, including monthly summary reports to the catchment health facilities.
19.Ensure council service providers are reporting their daily performance through WhatsApp groups and other agreed channels.
20.Ensure a timely preparation of weekly and monthly update and project reports on biomedical services progress to targets.
21.Collaborating with project manager to ensure smooth implementations of project activities.
22.And other work as directed by Project Manager.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Medicine or Public Health or related field with at least 2 years’ HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment work experience (especially within the context of direct service delivery, or quality assurance/quality management. Improve retention of PLHIV on ART Additional attributes
- Relevant experience with PEPFAR-funded programs and current program strategy
- Experience in quality management and continuous improvement
- Ability to perform basic data analysis and use of computer applications Proactive, resourceful, results-oriented, can-do attitude
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a CV, passport size photo and cover letter with atleast 3 referees telephone numbers through our email adress [email protected] before 24th August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Asasi ya Uwezeshaji Tanzania ASUTA working in partnership with FHI 360 on Epidemic Control (EpiC) which is a global project funded by the U.S. Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024.