Associate, Operations New Markets Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 09:37 General Nairobi Reference: 2137
- Assist in executing the expansion plan for microfinance operations in new markets, in collaboration with other team members.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify and assess new market opportunities.
- Assist in building and managing a team of microfinance professionals to execute the expansion plan, including staff members in key management and field operations roles.
- Assist in ensuring timely and accurate completion of all required documentation for business registration and licensing in new markets, including but not limited to, legal, financial, and operational documentation, in compliance with local laws and regulations. This includes liaising with internal and external stakeholders to gather required information, reviewing and verifying the accuracy of the information, and coordinating with relevant legal advisors to facilitate the registration and licensing process.
- Assist in developing and implementing best practices for microfinance operations in new markets, including loan disbursement, repayment, portfolio quality, and risk management.
- Support in establishing relationships with local partners, stakeholders, and regulators to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations while also fostering community partnerships.
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) related to loan disbursement, repayment, portfolio quality, and risk management to ensure operational efficiencies and identify areas for improvement.
- Support in developing and maintaining strong reporting mechanisms to track performance metrics and provide regular updates to the broader team.
- Assist in continuously evaluating and optimising microfinance operations in new markets for sustainable growth and impact.
- Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Knowledge of microfinance management information systems (MIS).
- Knowledge of diverse cultures in African markets.
- Familiarity with international best market practices and global trends in microfinance.
- More than 3 years of experience working in microfinance operations, including loan management, client assessment, and risk analysis.
- Experience working in a startup or fast-growing environment.
- Experience in project management and business development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple priorities
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 20 May. 2023