Assistant Manager Corporate Communication Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 13:13 General Nairobi Reference: 2252
Kenya Development Corporation Ltd (KDC) is a Development Finance Institution which was established in 2020 to merge the operations of Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC), Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) and IDB Capital Limited. KDC is mandated to play a catalytic role in Kenya’s socio-economic development by providing long-term financing and other financial, investment and business advisory services. Therefore, KDC plays an important role in addressing critical gaps for long-term funding that cannot be met by commercial banks in target sectors in Kenya and elsewhere.
Duties and responsibilities
- Incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the KDC brand, both online and off line.
- Content creation, writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Social media marketing– creating, managing and growing the authority’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Events and event planning– attending industry events and planning meetups for KDC leadership.
- Managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Overseeing the customer support – collecting reports, and forwarding clients feedbacks to the management.
- Managing any online feedback forums.
- Implement strategic communications plans and to provide local market insight for the authorities public-facing communications.
- Analytics– Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Work with journalists, media producers, editors and strategic influencers
- Gathering information on programmes and significant events in a specific KDC Cluster area.
- Scheduling media interviews;
- Assist in developing media plans, distribute and follow up media releases, book interviews and respond to media request.
For appointment to this grade an officer must have at least;
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience four (4) of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Master’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing,
- International Relations or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public R elations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, International Relations or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognizedinstitution.
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Detailed application instructions are available on the KDC website www.kdc.go.ke under the careers section. The applications should be received by 24th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those who had submitted their applications in the previous advertisement are hereby required to re-submit their applications afresh.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24 May. 2023