Accounts Payable Associate Full-time JobMay 11th, 2023 at 09:08 General Lilongwe Reference: 2338
Title: Accounts Payable Associate
Lilongwe, LI, MW, 0000
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
Please, apply by May 19th, 2023
Reporting to: Finance Manager
WHAT THIS POSITION IS ABOUT – PURPOSE
The position is responsible for performing Accounts Payable activities accurately and efficiently, and in compliance with the company’s Purchasing and Invoicing policy and procedures as per assigned vendor portfolio whilst ensuring compliance with tax regulations. Further, the incumbent will execute reconciliations of a third-party vendor to supplier statements and query resolutions with vendors.
WHAT WILL YOU DO – RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submission of Invoice transactions processing.
- Perform vendor reconciliations to supplier statements and review open items on a regular basis
- Coordinate withholding tax activities, master data changes and accuracy on deductions.
- Pre-check daily local vendor payment run and coordinate resolution of all issues encountered.
- Execute baseline internal controls relating to accounts payable and ensure evidence of execution is appropriately retained.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR – REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Diploma in Accounting with vast experience in accounting. Those with degrees have added advantage.
- Relevant accounting experience in a busy and reputable company.
- Good working knowledge of accounting packages, and knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Competent in computer skills (MS Office, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Good verbal and written English proficiency.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS – THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
We appreciate you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
We will make sure every candidate will receive a reply within 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.