Accounts Clerk Full-time JobMay 10th, 2023 at 11:36 General Lilongwe Reference: 2208
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 25 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of ACCOUNTS CLERK
Reporting Line: Financial Accountant
Location: Lilongwe, Support Office
The Accounts Clerk will provide support to projects implementation to ensure the project records are well documented and filed. She/he will also be responsible in preparing VAT reports and photocopy the VAT invoices for claim from tax authorities. The position will also ensure that projects support documentations are available for review through proper filing and also supporting in external and internal audit exercises.
- Timely submission of accurate VAT donor reports and submit to revenue authority
- Filing of invoices for submission to the donor with claim reports
- Respond to queries on VAT claims and invoices and ensure proper filing of vouchers
- Support in external and internal audit exercise for the projects and country programme
- Support in filing of payment vouchers and liquidations for the projects
- Ensure for the management of donor files ensuring that all information is filed for reference use and record keeping.
- Ensure for the safe keeping of donor files to ensure that all documents and files are safeguarded to prevent loss of information.
- Develop a filing system of donor documents that will ensure for the easy and quick retrieval of files as and when needed.
- Update project files through ensuring that all relevant project documentation is available on hard and soft copy.
- Assist in the monthly reporting for DISC Project and financial progress.
- Assist in monthly development and dissemination of the grant updates and calendar.
- Support in compliance of programs with donor and MSI requirements, including procurement regulations.
- Obtain and disseminate updated financial donor guidelines, formats, and requirements periodically.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager from time to time.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in Accounting.
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting specifically in donor reporting and project financial internal reporting.
- NGO experience.
- Highly organized and methodical
- Strong computer literacy and excel skills, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Experience in accounting packages like SUN SYSTEM.
- High level of integrity to ensure proper accountability of resources
- Pro-choice and committed to BLM’s mission of supporting women to have “children by choice and not chance”. Ability to demonstrate BLM’s core values of Accountability, Equality, Value for Money.
Method Of Application
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employer; or any previous employers from the recent past)
All applications should be addressed to:
The Corporate Services Director, Banja La Mtsogolo, P.O. Box 1854, LILONGWE.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; to reach her not later than Friday 19th May 2023.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunity employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.